Stories and secrets of the Swan Bar
If walls could talk, what would they say in Stratford’s Swan Bar? The new refurbishment project lets us in on secrets and stories of theatre history, with props and costumes from Royal Shakespeare Company productions down the years.
I was thrilled to join the project to help shape and edit the text for these displays. Based on meticulous background research by the RSC team, the stories are told in the words of actors including Vivien Leigh, Patrick Stewart, Josette Simon and David Oyelowo – plus directors, designers, animal handlers, composers and front-of-house staff.
Türkiye Drama Konferansı Turkey drama conference
- My podcasts from the Edinburgh Fringe, plus articles and interviews
- Editing text for stories and secrets in the RSC's refurbished Swan Bar
- 1001 Inventions' award-winning exhibition and film continue global tour
- Sizzling story-led labels for Kew Gardens' plants and trees
- Metroland to McVities: Brent's brilliant people and stories in its new museum
- An eye for 'gorgeous' design: my profile of veteran designer Tom Karen
- Taking to the airwaves with science experts at BBC Scotland
- Universe of Sound exhibition travels to Canterbury and Birmingham
- Text-writing for Peterborough Museum's refurbished Jurassic and Ice Age galleries