Profiling Tom Karen
In the current issue of Engineering and Technology Magazine you can read my profile of Tom Karen, industrial designer and head of Ogle Design. (You may need to register – it’s free.)
From the classic Chopper bike and the Marble Run toy, to the quirky three-wheel sports car called the Bond Bug, all Tom’s designs have something playful about them, and I had a great time going over to Cambridge to interview him at home.
In the same issue there’s a feature I’ve written about our approach to flood risk in the UK. I look at the award-winning and sympathetic Banbury flood defence scheme which uses passive concrete baffles to reduce the flow through the town in the event of a surge. And in contrast, at the outcry over plans to build huge dams at Hampstead Ponds, threatening an environment much-loved for outdoor swimming.
Türkiye Drama Konferansı Turkey drama conference
- My podcasts from the Edinburgh Fringe, plus articles and interviews
- Editing text for stories and secrets in the RSC's refurbished Swan Bar
- 1001 Inventions' award-winning exhibition and film continue global tour
- Sizzling story-led labels for Kew Gardens' plants and trees
- Metroland to McVities: Brent's brilliant people and stories in its new museum
- An eye for 'gorgeous' design: my profile of veteran designer Tom Karen
- Taking to the airwaves with science experts at BBC Scotland
- Universe of Sound exhibition travels to Canterbury and Birmingham
- Text-writing for Peterborough Museum's refurbished Jurassic and Ice Age galleries